Friday, June 03, 2005

Max in London

My flight was late yesterday - bloody easyjet, but I managed to get to the Whisky Society for 7 o'clock. I still get a thrill opening that door with my member's card. I only had 2 whiskies last night: a rare and spicy Clynelish and then something really unusual that had been aged in a port cask. It was very nice meeting Lawrence, the new boy that works there, but I will have to go back this afternoon to see Scott.

People showed up as they finished work. First Lady Laura and Ronnie, then Jono and finally Christian. A lot of my friends are used to going to the Whisky Society to see me. We went downstairs, comme l'habitude, to the Bleeding Heart Tavern for dinner. They had already run out of the starter that I wanted, and the fish, but never mind; the Côtes du Rhône was lovely and I was happy. They kicked us out at 11.25 - English licensing laws, but just as well because I was exhausted and everyone else had to work the next day.

Jono and I took a cab home, found Vanessa passed out on the couch, sent her to bed, went to say hello to Whisky the cat and then got ready for bed ourselves. Jono brought the laptop to bed with us so that we could look at ratemyschlong.com together before falling asleep.

6 comments:

Knottyboy said...

Booze and dick surfing. Honey your a gal after my own heart. Ashes on my pointed little head for not being around. I've been busy and you're not the only one I've not seen lately. Hugs and love and schlongs as big as you could possibly handle or use as a floatation device.
K

Chatsy Malone from the Malone Gang said...

I drank whiskey, which I snuck in to the Sarah Harmer concert during the tulip fest in Ottawa a couple of weeks ago and man I love that stuff. I have developped a taste for it. It makes me feel very...masculine yet feminine...I am talking shite. I love whiskey.

Chatsy Malone from the Malone Gang said...

I drank whiskey, which I snuck in to the Sarah Harmer concert during the tulip fest in Ottawa a couple of weeks ago and man I love that stuff. I have developped a taste for it. It makes me feel very...masculine yet feminine...I am talking shite. I love whiskey.

Ludovic said...

Ahoj, its me (not my real name).Haven't found the post you alluded to in your email. But still looking and go the Br.E spelling!
L (also not my real name)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.