Wednesday, September 06, 2006

More Stupid Rhetoric

I saw this story last night just around 11 pm, but resisted the urge to stay up to write about it. I figured it would still make me angry in the morning.

Bush compares Bin Laden to Hitler

My first thought: Oh dear, Bush actually believes the crap that comes pouring out of Rumsfeld’s mouth. And once again, the irony weighed heavily upon me.

“Underestimating the words of evil and ambitious men is a terrible mistake,” he said.

I direct you straight to the words of evil and ambitious men, otherwise known as Project for the New American Century.

But, he added, the US and its allies could be confident of victory in “the great ideological struggle of the 21st Century” because “we have seen free nations defeat terror before.”

Oh, really? Have we? Which free nations have defeated terror? It seems to me that terror goes on and on until it just sort of peters out by itself, if ever. And it also seems to me that the neo-cons are more full of manure than all of the newly fertilised corn fields in Iowa.

“The best way to protect America is to stay on the offence.”

Allow me to interpret that for you. The best way to protect The Amerika is to continue taking away our citizens’ liberties in every way we can and to invade more countries.

Other goals in the US strategy include denying terrorists control of any nation or area they could use as a refuge.

Meaning we are going to invade Iran.

He defended the controversial Patriot Act and terrorist surveillance programme...“If al-Qaeda is calling somebody in America, we need to know why in order to stop attacks.”

And if Max is calling her little sister in The Amerika, we obviously need to hear what they’re talking about too. That Max is really dangerous – I hear she wants to learn how to shoot a gun.

And the audience applauded. Idiots.


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5318204.stm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That headline caught my eye as well (yesterday, CNN, that crappy excuse for a news service...I digress...) and I couldn't help but think to myself... the only person who reminds ME of Hitler these days, is W.

I think his father should have told him not to throw anvils in a glass house.