I do not have extensive experience dating women and I have never been out with a real lesbian, but these are some of the things I have found that are different from going out with men:
• no first date nervousness - it’s like going out with any other friend;
• no expectations on either side about who should pay;
• you can go to your local together, and no one else realises you’re on a date;
• if you ask her to go home with you, she won’t think you’re a slut;
• she understands period pain;
• there are no “rules” – you can call her the next day;
• relatively effortless mutual understanding;
• you can talk about men you have been out with or are interested in;
• women are more sensual kissers;
• everything is soft to the touch (which clearly would not be a good thing with a man).
This is obviously not meant to be an exhaustive list, just the first few things that came to mind.