Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Jarda again

Jarda always called me Žirafa (giraffe) or Žirafička (little giraffe), and it really hurts that I will never hear that again. All of my giraffe-themed things are still in storage in Gareth's dad's garage in Hemel Hempstead; now I am afraid to see them again. I used to call Jarda "Bunny" (sometimes my nephews would call him "Uncle Bunny" - they thought that was hilarious), but that won't keep me away from my rabbit (inappropriate, perhaps, but it made me smile).

Jarda and my Aunt Cookie absolutely loved each other and stayed in touch long after Jarda and I split up. Yesterday Aunt Cookie sent me the last couple of e-mails Jarda had sent her; here is the very last one dated 23rd February 2005.

Dear Cookie,
How are you? It’s been a while since my last email, I am not even sure whether it’s my turn to write. As you can see from my address I have changed jobs again. I am staying in the automotive/ quality assurance. Working for the Germans is way more pleasant than working for the Japanese. Siemens is a huge company, here in Brandýs nad Labem (20km from Praha) we produce stuff for most of the largest European car manufacturers ...Mercedes, BMW, Opel, VW, Renault, Scania, DAF and many others. I joined the company at the begining of this month.
I also have a new girlfriend, her name is Vlaďka, she is 24, very beautiful. I am thinking about getting married again. When I met her, her life was not very nice, she left home when she was only 17, she had been addicted to metamphetamines for years...she just came out of the rehab center last week, I have arranged a job for her here in Siemens. I dont think I am making a mistake helping her. Fell in love with her the second I saw her first.
I better get back to work now.
Take care, love
Jarda

No comments: