Tuesday, April 05, 2005

On writing to my congressman

I have just written to my congressman for the first time. I have been to his house before (I knew his daughter at university) but that was not relevant to my message.

Everything is so easy when you can do it electronically. I am not even sure why I thought of writing to my congressman, but nothing else has worked so far. I am trying to help a group of former colleagues solve a problem that they (and I) have been having for years. Communication with the Office of the Inspector General at DLI in Monterey came to naught, as did communication with the Office of the Inspector General at DLI in San Antonio, as it seems that we have been "Catch-22ed"* by the Department of Defense. So then I wrote to the federal Office of Personnel Management and twice to the Department of Labor. No one bloody answers. But as I have all of my communication electronically, I can copy and paste and send it to 6000 more people if I so choose without a lot of extra effort.

I reckon I will hear back from my congressman's office, but I also reckon they will say there is nothing they can do to help us. We shall see...

*Catch-22 is my favourite book ever

3 comments:

Devastatin' Dave said...

Wish in one hand and s**t in the other and see which fills first. Politicians don't care about you. They are parasites and thieves and no better.

Devastatin' Dave said...

Your boys in Monterey are too busy fawing over Gorbachev and his nice digs at The Presidio.

Monkey's Max said...

Thanks for your comments, DD. You are probably right, but one has to try. Monkey and the others count on me to make the desperate attempts as they have lost the impulse.